If you are following a keto diet, surely you will know that after a while, it is easy to run out of ideas for your morning munch.
Fortunately, today we will share our favorite top 5 easy keto recipes, for you to enjoy while continuing to lose weight!
Keto Breakfast Burrito
The cool part of a keto breakfast burrito is that you can make the basic burrito, then each family member can add their favorite fillings accordingly.
For the burrito:
- 2 eggs.
- Sourcream (2 tablespoons).
- Your favorite herbs.
For the fillings (You can pick whatever you wish):
- bacon, avocado, cheese, sour cream
- cheese, ham, chipotle sauce
- wilted spinach, cream cheese
- smoked salmon, dill, cream cheese
- roast beef, horseradish sauce
Step 1: In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, and chosen herbs and spices.
Step 2: Melt the butter in the frying pan then pour in the burrito egg mixture.
Step 3: Swirl the frying pan until the burrito mixture is evenly spread and thin.
Step 4: Place a lid over the burrito and leave to cook for 2 minutes.
Step 5: Gently lift the burrito from the frying pan with a clean spatula onto a plate.
Step 6: Add your favorite fillings then roll up and enjoy.
Breakfast Egg Muffin
The best part of this breakfast is that you can make it ahead and freeze it to enjoy it later on in the week.
- 10 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, or to taste
FETA AND SPINACH EGG MUFFINS
- 1/3 cup chopped baby spinach
- 4 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- garlic powder, to taste
- dried basil, to taste
MUSHROOMS AND SUN-DRIED TOMATOES EGG MUFFINS
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons diced sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 4 tablespoons shredded white cheddar cheese
- Italian Seasoning, to taste
BACON CHEDDAR AND BROCCOLI EGG MUFFINS
- 4 tablespoons cooked, chopped bacon
- 4 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- garlic powder, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Generously spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl; season with salt and pepper, and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- Divide each of the three add-in combinations into 4 muffin cups. That is 4 muffin cups to be filled with the Feta and Spinach Mixture; 4 muffin cups to be filled with the Mushrooms and Sun-Dried Tomatoes Mixture; 4 muffins cups to be filled with the Bacon, Cheddar, and Broccoli Mixture.
- Pour the previously prepared egg mixture over the toppings, coming up about half-way to 2/3 full. DO NOT fill muffin cups to the top – the eggs will overflow.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Run a butter knife around the edges of each muffin to loosen it.
- Remove egg muffins from the pan and serve.
- If using later, let egg muffins cool on a wire rack and refrigerate or freeze.
Breakfast Hash (Keto Version)
Being on the Keto Diet does not mean that you have to stop eating your childhood favorites! This keto hash will be an all-time favorite that won’t affect your scale goals.
- 1 large turnip peeled and diced
- 1/4 onion diced
- 1 cup Brussel sprouts halved
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1 Tbsp Parsley for garnish
- Add the oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in the turnips and spices.
- Cook 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add in the onion and Brussel sprouts and cook 3 minutes until they start to soften.
- Chop the bacon into small pieces and add to the skillet, along with red bell pepper. (Add the bacon in with the turnips if you like it crispy)
- Continue to cook for another 5-7 minutes until the bacon is cooked.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
Pancakes (Keto Version)
If you have a sweet–tooth, this Pancake recipe will be perfect for you!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2-4 whole eggs.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or heavy cream)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons oil for cooking/greasing skillet
- In a medium bowl whisk together almond flour, eggs, almond milk, vanilla extract, baking powder together.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of pancake mix onto a hot oiled skillet and cook until done, flipping occasionally.
- Serve with your favorite bacon, low carb berries or low carb syrup.
Keto Blueberry French Toast Casserole
Another recipe that will an amazing addition to your diet!
- Keto bread.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 eggs
- 4 oz cream cheese cut into small bits
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 X 13 casserole dish.
- Slice the bread into 12 equal slices and place on a cookie sheet in the oven. Bake one side for 10 minutes at 300 degrees then turn the bread over and bake the other side for 10 min. The purpose is to dry out the bread but not to brown it.
- Allow the bread to cool then cut up into small cubes.
- Spread out the blueberry bread cubes in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Combine the heavy whipping cream, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl and beat with a mixer on medium/high until thoroughly combined.
- Drop the chopped pieces of cream cheese on top of the blueberry bread. Make sure to space them out evenly.
- Pour the egg mixture on top.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans on top of the Keto Blueberry French Toast Casserole.
- Bake for 23-30 minutes or until it reaches desired doneness.
- Serve with sugar-free maple syrup. You can also sprinkle powdered monk fruit on top if desired.
Breakfast is one of the most neglected meals of the day. Taking out time for a simple breakfast can sometimes be a challenge; thinking of breakfast according to a keto diet can be even more challenging. We suggest that you create a list of recipes for your keto meals as that can be a huge time-saver. Taking the time to properly enjoy your breakfast will ensure that your body is enriched with nutrients and you are full of energy during the day.
At , we believe that having informed patients is the only way to deliver optimal healthcare. Visit our website to find out more interesting content and be a part of an amazing health integrated community!