Our bodies are constantly communicating with us. From the moment we eat to the moment we visit the loo, our gut health is constantly speaking. Acid reflux, inflammation, constipation, and even diarrhea are all signs of gut imbalances.
Today we will analyze the top aspects of your gut health, by breaking down the most common stool issues and their causes.
Is It Runny or Is It Dry and Lumpy?
- Drink more water (At least 8 glasses per day + extra during workouts).
- Eat greens with all your meals (Smoothies, salads, stem veggies, etc).
- Take a magnesium supplement. (It helps to smooth your gut movements).
- Eat prunes, apples, and grapes to soften your stool.
If on the contrary, you are feeling a little loose, the following tips will help you ease it:
- Feed the good bacteria in your gut by increasing your fermented food intake (Kombucha, sauerkraut, and kefir are great choices).
- Eliminate foods that impact your gut bacteria like grains, nuts, legumes, caffeine, and alcohol.
- Drink activated coconut charcoal between meals to flush toxins out of your gut.
- Take a collagen supplement to improve your body’s tissues, including the mucous membrane lining your gut.
*If you implemented these changes and observe no results, we encourage you to visit your family Doctor.
How Often Do You Visit The Toilet?
Less than 3 times a week: Take a magnesium supplement to increase your bowel movements and get a thyroid test done to ensure everything is working properly.
3 or more times a day: Contrary to the normal belief you should increase your healthy fiber intake. Why? Fiber slows down food passage through your intestines, which gives you more time to absorb the required nutrients.
Additionally, remember that stool should sink and not float. If it does, it might be caused by excessive fiber intake. Try increasing starchy veggies and bananas in your diet to balance your gut movements.
When it comes to monitoring your health, all efforts are worth it. Make sure to pay attention to your diet and notice changes when they come. Remember, your body deserves your best too!
When was the last time you paid attention to the toilet?
Let us know!
At , we believe that having informed patients is the only way to deliver optimal healthcare. Visit our website to find out more interesting content and be a part of an amazing health integrated community!