Stem cell therapy has been growing dramatically over the past decade. Many seek it to obtain its incredible benefits for “untreatable” conditions. However, many are still unsure or unaware of what exactly the regulations are concerning stem cell usage. Laws vary from nation to nation and have caused thousands of patients to seek treatment from centers all around the world.
Today, we will analyze the recent regulations in the SCT field, plus its advantages.
What is Stem Cell Therapy?
Stem cell therapy is a type of treatment that uses a patient’s stem cells to repair damaged cells, tissue, and injuries. The procedure is performed through injections and is a simple office procedure that doesn’t require general anesthesia, surgery, or major care.
According to the National Institute of Health,
- Stem cells are important for living organisms for many reasons. In the 3- to 5-day-old embryo, called a blastocyst, the inner cells give rise to the entire body of the organism, including all of the many specialized cell types and organs such as the heart, lungs, skin, sperm, eggs, and other tissues. In some adult tissues, such as bone marrow, muscle, and brain, discrete populations of adult stem cells generate replacements for other cells that are lost through normal wear and tear, injury, or disease.
Stem Cells Regulations in The United States
Since the late ’70s, the US government has regulated the use of stem cells. As stem cells were largely seen to be derived from fertilized embryos, called embryonic stem cells, the use of stem cells was seen as unethical.
Since then, stem cell therapy practices have revolutionized and now stem cells can be obtained from donated umbilical cord, fat, or bone marrow aspiration (Autologous Therapy).
Some treatments are available within the US, but so far they are only allowed for very specific usages, and only in their lowest effective dosages. Recent reports from the FDA have shown their desire to further restrict what treatments are available for patients in the US, not showing hopeful signs for the future. This is despite hundreds of studies showing the positive effects of stem cell therapy and little to no shown negative reactions and even their effectiveness against Covid-19.
Stem Cells Regulations in Mexico
The Mexican government regulates Stem Cell Therapy and allows its practice. The Cofepris is the government institution in charge of the health sanitary regulations, certifications, and safe practice measures.
Rehealth Regenerative Therapies is located in Cancun, Mexico. Rehealth Regenerative Therapies is certified by all the required regulations to operate legally and safely in Mexico. Moreover, Rehealth’s research facility is located in the US which ensures strict adherence to Rehealth the FDA guidelines.
Listed below are the reasons why its safe to travel to Rehealth Cancun for your Stem Cell Therapy treatment:
- Certifications and Regulations: At Rehealth, we meet all the requirements to operate in Mexico in a certified and legal way. We are certified/accredited by Cofepris, Salud, and Sector. To find out all about our regulations contact us .
- Medical Staff: All members of our medical staff are certified M.D. professionals who have the knowledge and skills to treat their patients in the best possible way. Furthermore, all of our staff members have received training in the USA so that they are informed of the latest advancements in the field of regenerative medicine.
- Facilities: All of our equipment comes from the US, and we maintain top-quality facilities to ensure the implementation of the highest standards.
- Labs: Our research lab is based in the US which helps us stay on top of the latest research and best methods for the therapy. There is another lab in our clinic in Cancun which was built under the ISO 7 guidelines and which also strictly meets the GTP(Good Tissue Practice) guidelines. Our labs are built to ensure maximum safety and efficiency in our procedures.
- Attention: From the moment you contact us for the first time, until months after your therapy, our Patient Coordinators will ensure your satisfaction each step of the way. Our accessible medical team is ready to answer all of your questions and concerns. We are here to help you in every way possible.
- Personalized Care: To make sure that your trip is hassle-free and help you focus on the things that matter, we take care of the little details for you. Our Patient Coordinators will help you with the hotel arrangements. We will pick you up from the airport and will provide you conveyance to and from the clinic. We believe that patients are family so we honor their trust with commitment and care. .
- Beautiful Surroundings: Cancún, México is globally known for its beautiful beaches, and white sand coast in the Mexican Caribbean Visiting the Cenotes, water parks as Xcaret, and even archeological wonders like Chichén Itzá, are some of the additional reasons why traveling to Cancun is a good decision.
- Covid-19 Safe Practices: Our Clinic is working under the requirements that the WHO and the Mexican government requires as sanitary safety standards for a pandemic. Everything in our clinic, from our spaces, appointments, laboratory, and even staff is completely aligned to the required sanitary laws from the Mexican Health Department and it follows the FDA and GTP (good tissue practice) guides.
The Rehealth Process
Our stem cell therapy process is designed to be practical and efficient to simplify our patient’s procedure and recovery process. At Rehealth we prefer allogeneic therapy due to its amazing, long-lasting results. We also have our own stem cell bank that allows us to treat patients without the need to wait for the expansion of cells, or buying the cells from a third party company. Our steps include:
1- FREE Patient Evaluation (Apply )
2- Personalized Treatment.
3- Start of a pain-free life.
You can also schedule a completely FREE Discovery Call with one of our doctors by clicking .
At , we believe that having informed patients is the only way to deliver optimal healthcare. Visit our website to find out more interesting content and be a part of an amazing health integrated community!