We normally relate aging with wrinkles and wheelchairs, but it doesn’t have to be this way. Wheater we like it or not our current habits define the quality of life that we will experience in a few years.
Today we want to share with you a few tips to age healthy, gracefully, and overall feeling great.
Keeping your brain young
Your brain requires two main things to function its best: energy, and protection.
It is well established that the brain uses more energy than any other human organ, accounting for up to 20 percent of the body’s total haul.
Energy travels to the brain via blood vessels in the form of glucose, which is transported across the blood-brain barrier and used to produce adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the main currency of chemical energy within cells., in other words, your brain runs on sugar and oxygen.
This is why when you are dieting you find that you’re not thinking as clearly.
Tips for keeping your brain at its best
Nutrition plays a big role in your brain`s functioning and today we will share a few tips to improve it:
- Intermittent fasting: Fasting is an incredible way to detox, lose weight and overall feel good. We highly recommend you to fast at least 2 days per week implementing the intermittent fasting (stop eating for certain periods of time). Find out more details about it clicking here.
- Breath and keep stress down: Neuroscientists have discovered how chronic stress and cortisol can damage the brain. Meditating, breathing and working out are great ways for your body to release endorphins to keep stress down.
- Veggies: Eating fruits and vegetables has huge benefits to our brain function. Brightly colored veggies contain polyphenols that neutralize free radicals and protect your brain from damage.
Keeping your skin young
It’s not a secret that your appearance plays a big role in your life. People perceive attractive people as:
- More successful.
But besides determining how people see you, your appearance is directly connected with your self-stime and confidence, and its all about feeling good in our own skin, right?
Tips for keeping your skin at its best
- Stem Cell Therapy: Stem cells have the ability to replace cells and treat disease. They can be directed to differentiate into specific cell types, offering the possibility of replacing damaged cells and tissues.
With stem cells therapy you are replenishing the supply of stem cells to allow the body to repair and rejuvenate organs including your skin. To find out more about stem cell therapy and all its benefits on your skin, and health keep reading here.
- Vitamin C: A high intake of vitamin C is tied to a younger appearance because it helps to build collagen, which strengthens your skin and gives it elasticity. You can get skin benefits from vitamin C by eating vitamin C-rich foods (Broccoli, peppers, oranges, spinach, etc), taking a vitamin C supplement, and applying vitamin C serum topically.
- Get a good sleep: Aside from the fact that sleeping gives you the energy to last the next day, it also helps you retain a younger look. Sleeping encourages the body to produce human growth hormone HGH, especially if you sleep for a full eight-hour period. HGH is responsible for maintaining skin elasticity as it triggers the body to produce collagen, thereby, preventing the appearance of a lot of wrinkles, especially on the face. This natural way of preventing wrinkles and feel and look young as you age.
At Rehealth, we believe that having informed patients is the only way to deliver optimal healthcare. Visit our website to find out more interesting content and be a part of an amazing health integrated community!