Stem cell therapy has been around us for the last decades. However, there are still many misconceptions about its functioning and origins. Today we will share the truth about the top 5 myths regarding SCT:
Myth 1: Stem Cells Can Cure Anything
False. Althought stem cells have been found benefitial for several diseases that were consideres “untreatable” that doesn’t mean that they are a magic pill.
Stem cell therapy can potentially treat:
- Autoimmune conditions
- Crohn’s Disease
- Heart Failure
- Kidney Disease
- Liver Disease
- Lyme Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Neurological conditions
- Ortho and sports injuries
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
The long term therapeutic properties of stem cells are still being investigated, and although there have been many studies completed showing their positive effects on patients, results cannot always be specifically guaranteed. The reason for this is because every body responds different, so while one patient can present some specific advancements, other can improve in other area.
Myth 2: Only USA Has Good Quality Treatments
False. Althought United States has great institutions, labs, and cell banks, that does not mean that other countries can not offer incredible quality as well.
In fact, the reason why Rehealth is located in Cancun Mexico, is because the United States still has stringent regulations and laws against stem cell and cell derived therapies. On the other hand, the Mexican government regulates Stem Cell Therapy and allows its practice. The Cofepris is the government institution in charge of the health sanitary regulations, certifications, and safe practice measures. Licences, and strict regulations are required to operate.
Myth 3: SCT Sources Are Not Ethical
False. One of the significant misconceptions that stem cell therapy has had to overcome theis the belief that all stem cells are embryonic (sourced from a fetus), which is not true. Most stem cells used in a clinical setting are derived from bone marrow, adipose or harvested umbilical cord tissue.
These forms of stem cells are not sourced from embryos and thus do not carry a negative moral connotation.
Myth 4: Umbilical Cord Stem Cells are not “Live” Cells
False. The tissue found inside donated umbilical cords is called Wharton’s Jelly and contains millions of youthful, undifferentiated stem cells. Stem cells are grown in a cell media culture, which allows the cells to replicate and produce higher numbers over a few generations; this is called cell expansion. This process can turn a few million stem cells into billions, ready for use in treatments.
Myth 5: Stem Cells Might Be Rejected By Your Body
Since adult stem cells, such as fat derived stem cells, are derived from the person’s own body, there is no risk of rejection or infection.
On the other hand, allogeneic stem cell therapy, when properly expanded, harvested and certified as mesenchymal stem cell, should be positive and negative to some markers. Real mesenchymal stem cells are extremely safe and usable for diffferent applications.
Rehealth Regenerative Therapies is located in Cancun, Mexico, and is certified by all the required regulations to operate legally and safely. Moreover, Rehealth’s research facility is located in the US which ensures strict adherence to the FDA guidelines.
Listed below are the reasons why its safe to travel to Rehealth Cancun for your Stem Cell Therapy treatment:
- Certifications and Regulations: At Rehealth, we meet all the requirements to operate in Mexico in a certified and legal way. We are certified/accredited by Cofepris, Salud, and Sectur. To find out all about our regulations contact us here.
- Medical Staff: All members of our medical staff are certified M.D. professionals who have the knowledge and skills to treat their patients in the best possible way. Furthermore, all of our staff members have received training in the USA so that they are informed of the latest advancements in the field of regenerative medicine.
- Facilities: All of our equipment comes from the US, and we maintain top-quality facilities to ensure the implementation of the highest standards.
- Labs: Our research lab is based in the US which helps us stay on top of the latest research and best methods for the therapy. Our second laboratory in our clinic in Cancun which was built under the ISO 7 guidelines and which also strictly meets the GTP(Good Tissue Practice) guidelines. Our labs are built to ensure maximum safety and efficiency in our procedures.
- Attention: From the moment you contact us for the first time, until months after your therapy, our Patient Coordinators will ensure your satisfaction each step of the way. Our accessible medical team is ready to answer all of your questions and concerns. We are here to help you in every way possible.
- Personalized Care: To make sure that your trip is hassle-free and help you focus on the things that matter, we take care of the little details for you. Our Patient Coordinators will help you with the hotel arrangements. We will pick you up from the airport and will provide you conveyance to and from the clinic. We believe that patients are family so we honor their trust with commitment and care. .
- Beautiful Surroundings: Cancún, México is globally known for its beautiful beaches, and white sand coast in the Mexican Caribbean Visiting the Cenotes, water parks as Xcaret, and even archeological wonders like Chichén Itzá, are some of the additional reasons why traveling to Cancun is a good decision.
- Covid-19 Safe Practices: Our Clinic is working under the requirements that the WHO and the Mexican government requires as sanitary safety standards for a pandemic. Everything in our clinic, from our spaces, appointments, laboratory, and even staff is completely aligned to the required sanitary laws from the Mexican Health Department and it follows the FDA and GTP (good tissue practice) guides.
The Rehealth Process
Our stem cell therapy process is designed to be practical and efficient to simplify our patient’s procedure and recovery process. At Rehealth we prefer allogeneic therapy due to its amazing, long-lasting results. We also have our own stem cell bank that allows us to treat patients without the need to wait for the expansion of cells, or buying the cells from a third-party company. Our steps include:
1- FREE Patient Evaluation(Apply here.)
2- Personalized Treatment.
3- Start of a pain-free life.
At Rehealth, we believe that having informed patients is the only way to deliver optimal healthcare. Visit our website to find out more interesting content and be a part of an amazing health integrated community!