Approximately 50 million Americans, 20 percent of the population, suffer from autoimmune disorders. About 30 million of the affected patients are women, representing approximately 75 percent of the autoimmune population.
What Are Autoimmune Diseases?
Autoimmune conditions are diseases where the patient’s immune system presents abnormally low activity or over activity in the immune system regular fuctiononing. After presenting irregular functioning the body starts auto-attacking its own healthy cells by mistake, thus affecting the body’s functioning in several areas such as:
Also affecting specific organs and its functioning such:
- Digestive System
- Blood Vessels
Top Common Autoimmune Conditions
In response to abnormal fuctioning of the body, the immune system starts “attacking” its own cells, instead of fighting regular bacteria or infections. The most common examples of autoimmune conditions are the following disorders:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: The immune system starts attacking the joint’s lining, causing inflammation, swelling, and pain. If left untreated, arthritis can lead to permanent joint damage.
- Lupus: In lupus patients, the autoimmune antibodies attach to tissues such as lungs, blood cells, nerves, joints, and kidneys.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease: In inflammatory bowel disease, the immune system attacks the gut lining, causing episodes of diarrhea, rectal bleeding, abdominal pain, and fever.
- Psoriasis: In psoriasis, the life cycle of the skin cells is altered and it causes extra layers of skin cells to build upon each other. These extra skin cells form in the scales and patches that can be painful and itchy.
- Multiple Sclerosis: In MS, the autoimmune system starts attacking the nerve cells of the body. This can cause pain, loss of coordination, and muscle spasms. Find out all about MS and how Stem Cell can help with MS in detail, in our blog post Stem Cell Therapy For Multiple Sclerosis.
Traditional Treatments For Autoimmune Conditions
Currently, the autoimmune diseases are being treated with immune suppressive medications that can offer only a short-term improvement, but that can present harmful side effects on the long-term.
Autoimmune traditional medication has several negative side effects that can highlyly affect the living condition of the patient. The most common effects can include:
- The suppression of the immune system (patients can get actually sicker)
- Weight gain
- Hair loss
- Hormonal imbalance
- Symptom flare ups
How Can Stem Cells Help Treat Autoimmune?
Stem cell therapy (SCT) has demonstrated to be a powerful health promoter in autoimmune disorders for it can bring recovery to damaged tissues, modulate the immune system activities, and fight off inflammation, thus easing pain and discomfort.
Stem cell therapy has being found incredibly beneficial for patients suffering from autoimmune conditions because it offers recovery in the following areas:
- Flare-ups decrease.
- Energy rise.
- Pain control.
- Nerve function improvement.
- Symptom ease.
- Damage control (prevention of symptomatology increase).
- In soriasis the simtoms will be ameliorating the condition, (energy, pain control, and re-insertion of patient in daily activities). Spot reduction, and overall skin improvement and recovery* (scars are less visible).
In addition to the direct benefits of SCT for autoimmune conditions, 90% of patients recall a drastic improvement in the following areas:
- Speedy recovery of wounds
- Reduced pain, even in chronic conditions
- Increased functionality, motion, and even sleep quality
- Reduced muscle compensations, and risk of future injuries
- Decreased nerve damage
- Increased collagen
- Regenerated blood vessel tissues
- Improvement in damaged skin
- Reduced hair loss
- Quick recovery, the patient is able to return to normal activities ASAP
Stem cell therapy does not involve any surgery or risky procedures for it enhances the body’s own resources for healing. In addition, SCT does not suppress the immune system like traditional medications, and it helps its modulation and promotes its normal functioning. Find out all the amazing benefits of SCT in our blog post Benefits of Stem Cell Therapy.
As in all degenerative conditions, autoimmune symptomatology can be managed and minimized if therapy is received in early stages. Don’t wait until you are not able to do what you love, recover your health, and gain control of your body today. Contact us today to start your free evaluation:www.rehealth.com/contact
At Rehealth, we believe that having informed patients is the only way to deliver optimal healthcare. Visit our website to find out more interesting content and be a part of an amazing health integrated community.