Stem cell therapy has been revolutionizing the medical industry over the past decades. Stem cell therapy is a type of treatment that uses a patient’s stem cells to repair damaged cells, tissues, and injuries. However, not all stem cells are obtained in the same way. Today, we will analyze their types, treatable conditions, as well as their benefits for patients.
Types of Stem Cells Therapy
There are two types of Stem Cell transplants: autologous stem cells and allogeneic stem cells. The sources of where these types of stem cells are harvested are bone marrow, adipose tissue, umbilical cord blood, and umbilical cord tissue; all safe and rich sources.
Stem cells are normally taken from bone marrow ( via aspiration process) or adipose tissue, once stem cells are obtained they are placed in a “centrifuge machine” that spins them and concentrates the extract. The process is effective, however, it presents various downsides.
- Disadvantages of Autologous Therapy:
- Requires an actual aspiration, which can be painful
- Bone marrow sample requires approximately 2 months of expansion to obtain pure MSC’s stem cells (mesenchymal stem cells)
- In adults, the number of stem cells is lower every year thanks to the aging process
- In adults, stem cell quality and function decreases
In an allogeneic transplant, harvested stem cells are transplanted into the patient to suppress the disease and restore the patient’s immune system. An allogeneic stem cell transplant is different from an autologous stem cell transplant, which uses stem cells from the patient’s own body.
- Advantages of Allogeneic Therapy:
- Does not require aspiration (No Pain at All)
- Mesenchymal stem cells (msc’s) are already expanded ready for treatment
- Number of stem cells is constant maintaining 90%+ viability for therapeutic approaches
- Stem cells are healthier, more powerful, and higher in quality and quantity
Treatable Conditions With Stem Cells Therapy
According to different studies, stem cell therapy has been found beneficial for several conditions and there is actually no limit to the types of diseases that could be treated with stem cell therapy.
The main benefit that stem cell therapy provides is healing in the following conditions:
- Orthopedic injuries
- Musculoskeletal problems
- Wounds and incisions
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Cardiovascular diseases like coronary heart disease, stroke and congestive heart failure (ranked as the number one cause of death in the United States every year since 1900)
- Neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis and Alzheimer’s
- Longevity and skin related therapies
- COPD and respiratory diseases
Benefits of Stem Cell Therapy
After the therapy, patients experience unique features and benefits that include:
- Speedy recovery
- Reduced pain, even in chronic conditions
- Increased functionality, motion, and even sleep quality
- Reduced muscle compensations, and risk of future injuries
- Decreased nerve damage
- Increased collagen
- Regenerated blood vessel tissue
- Improved damaged skin
- Reduced hair loss
- Quickly recovery, the patient is able to return to normal activities ASAP
The Rehealth Stem Cells Process
Our stem cell therapy process is designed to be practical and efficient to simplify our patient’s procedure and recovery process. At Rehealth we prefer allogeneic therapy due to its amazing, long-lasting results. We also have our own stem cell bank that allows us to treat patients without the need to wait for the expansion of cells, or buying the cells from a third party company. Our steps include:
1- FREE Patient Evaluation (Apply here.)
2- Personalized Treatment.
3- Start of a pain-free life.
You could also schedule a FREE consultation with one of our doctors by clicking here.
At Rehealth, we believe that having informed patients is the only way to deliver optimal healthcare. Visit our website to find out more interesting content and be a part of an amazing health integrated community!